YouTube as the vanguard; you know this is a phone-in post.

I start to wonder whether or not this is the career for me; when it comes to writing, I spend most of my time at the keys playing with the relationships between language and syntax. Word choice takes precedence over clarity, and euphony always trumps conciseness. As a journalism student, I find this predilection is frequently at odds with the oft-stated objective to seek and disseminate truth as clearly as possible.

Also, Japanese is hard.

Did you guys see that the House failed to approve the bailout plan? I can't help but feel this is probably for the best; many pundits are forecasting doom and gloom for the world economy if we delay in pursuing an immediate solution. They might be right, but it seems like a poor idea to try and fix a problem we didn't anticipate due to market fluctuations that many in Congress don't seem to fully understand. I know this means our economic woes are far from over, but I'm more comfortable putting my faith in the free market while we wait for cooler heads to prevail.

I had a bit more to scrawl, but I took some NyQuil earlier and I think it's kicking in. Mmmm, antihistamine-induced coma.

Comments (0)