You caught me, I'm spent.

Since the Atari 2600 didn't have a frame buffer, early game developers would literally have to program and optimize graphical code to update faster than the electron beam panned across the screen of the player's TV.

Sometimes I feel like I'm racing against a beam of my own restlessness, scrambling to stay one step ahead of self-reflection. I don't like to buffer thoughts, desires and dreams; stopping to reflect about where I've been and where I'd like to be inevitably leads to bleak thoughts of mortality.

It's pretty overwrought, that spot in my mind, and I try to keep out whenever possible.

Comments (1)

On March 5, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Unknown said...

Ha! I'm the exact opposite; I admittedly spend too much energy in self-reflection.

And woo! Pumpkin scorpion bowl!