I just got panhandled via the Internet. Check out this email:



Dear Alexander Wawro,


Luis Pereira (luispereira7cv@gmail.com) would like to be paid through PayPal.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money Request Details


Amount: €1.00 EUR

Event Date: Oct. 15, 2008

Note: Hi there, my name is Luís Pereira, unemployed for reasons of a work related accident and without the respective work fund for this cases, the thing is that my own boss just fired me before I had the chance to do something to secure my future while unemployed, now I face a pile of bills and the school monthly payments, I'm asking for a little help from you to try to keep me going through this rough fase.
Thanks for your time

ps: I just don't know what else to do...



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pay With PayPal

PayPal makes it easy to send Luis Pereira money. Click below to send this payment.


I would have sent him the measly euro if my account information was current; I respect that level of enterprise.

Gonna check out some fly rides this weekend. Also, eating; apparently I've lost ten pounds since I arrived. Huh.

Comments (2)

On October 16, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Unknown said...

I got the email too (found this via friend who googled). That Euro is like 100 American though.

 
On October 16, 2008 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous said...

I look weird in that pic XD. oh and 1 euro = $1.35.