Just curious to see if I can post from work.

Hmmm.

To be honest, I don’t have anything to write about. I’ve got a biodiesel column to write, but I imagine I can take care of it tomorrow; I’m still waiting to hear back from the source for a possible interview.

I remain firmly in a state of mild shock that the barrier to entry in this industry is so flimsy; I edit copy from contributing writers that bears all the distinguishing hallmarks of a middle school student essay. These people get published; perhaps not in a first-rate periodical, but they get published. The relevation that I am essentially capable of penning a piece and peddling it to publishers in exchange for legal tender has slowly dawned upon me in the last week or so.
EDIT: One of the editors just came by to double-check the spelling of my surname, then inked it in on the proofs I compiled. This equates to awesome.

Anyway. I guess this is sort of a bittersweet epiphany; while the revelation of my sudden viability is empowering, it means the bar I had so recently begun sprinting towards is set depressingly low. No worries; just means I’ll have to try out a few of the more innovative aspects of the major when I get San Fran. I suppose I’d better ferret out a proper place to stay; I hear it can get chilly on those foggy September mornings.

Comments (0)